Sunday, May 15, 2011

The one about the food we eat.

All 3 of us went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon. It was chilly and felt like a football game was about to come on. Cold spell in May, I suppose. We got ingredients for 4 meals that we can cook. Here they are:

Grilled Chicken with veggies
Breakfast: eggs, bacon, toast/biscuits
Pasta with crushed tomatoes and pesto
Creamy Cooker Chicken with sour cream, onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup
Stuffed Bell Peppers

Last night we had grilled chicken with veggies and it was great. I marinated the chicken in mesquite marinade, K grilled it on the stove, and we had a spinach salad with Ken's Raspberry Pecan Dressing - my favorite! This morning before church I put the creamy cooker chicken in the crockpot on high and we had that for lunch with a salad. Tasty!

Tomorrow we will have pasta with tomatoes and pesto and probably a salad and toast. Banana nut muffins are in the oven. Those are really good on the way to school in the morning with some yogurt.

On the way out of Tom Thumb I realized it was 4:55p.m. and we could get a 1/2 priced frappe until 5. K and I got caramel frappe's from Starbucks for only $4. Wahoo.

Right now the TX game is on, K is reading and A is on a blanket learning how to get into a crawling position from sitting. Such a big boy!

No comments: