Thursday, August 30, 2012

Banana Nut Muffins

See the picture of my Dottie?  She was cooking spaghetti when I took her picture.
I made these Monday and they were gone by Wednesday.
Yum.
 
Here's the recipe:
1 cup white flour
.5 cup whole wheat flour
1tsp. baking powder
1tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. or less brown sugar
2 ripe bananas
1/4 c. oil or applesauce - I used both
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2T. flaxseed meal (fiber)
1/3 c. oats
I slipped some pecans in a few as hubby is not a fan.
Dash of cinnamon in the batter and on top.


I made blueberry muffins this morning with the same recipe but changed a few things.
I used only applesauce, no oil.
I used 1 cup wheat flour and .5cup white.
Hubby likes to say, "They taste healthy."  But tasty too.
Austin helped me, too.  That was fun!

Since we are talking about food:
Austin ate a huge lunch!  We split Mama Rosa's breadsticks and I think he ate half.
Little Man is growing! So glad his appetite is, too.


No comments: