Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The things we miss.

Every weekend K and I wake up to either a crying dog or a happy little boy next door to us.  K will say, "Man I wish there was a Taco Cabana close by or Rudy's to get some breakfast tacos."

We've been in a rental house for almost a year now.  It was built in the 50's.  It has hardwood floors and 2 bedrooms.  Our house in TX was built in the 90's.  It had carpet, an open floor plan, high ceilings, and inside laundry.  We are thankful for this old house, but hope one day we can have that kind of house again we had in TX.

I used to teach 850 hispanic children every week.  They were excited, energetic and happy to be in art once a week.  Now I teach 115 teenagers everyday.  They are quite different from my sweet TX ones.  Sometimes expressionless, sometimes not happy to be there.  Crazy how things change.

It's the little things.

No comments: