Saturday, April 07, 2012

The Art Teacher Inside

This morning our little family went to the Art Museum's family day and made an artwork like Monet's.  It was fun. A got messy and wanted to run around most of the time.  I worked on most of the artwork and K chased Little Man.

During the school year when I was teaching art I found a project to do with my kids that would help their self-esteem.  In school there are lots of people who are going to talk about you and you have to be confident in who you are.  In my classroom we made a radial symmetry project that looked like a pie or a pizza.  In those triangles I had kids write words that described themselves.  At the end of the project my kids could say, "My name is Jose Perez.  I am eight, smart, funny, a good baseball player and a friend."  So that if anyone says anything negative about you, Jose, you can say..."That's not true because my name is Jose Perez. I am eight, smart, funny, a good baseball player and a friend." 

It looked something like this:


Picture  and tutorial here

We also went to the library and I got this book which is pretty inspiring and I'm only on the first pages.

Easter Egg Hunt #2 this afternoon!!

No comments: