Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Sometimes it's just too much.

Yesterday was our first day of summer.  We started at 6 a.m. with breakfast, then the playground at 8:30a.m.  Back home for Khloe to nap and lunch.  Austin never napped.  I took everything except his bed out of his room so that he will see his bedroom is a place to rest, not play.

I don't understand Austin's personality.  It is completely different than mine.  He will fight tooth & nail, bossy, loud, constantly talking.  He has other good qualities too and I love him with my whole life.  He is hard to parent alone, though.  I pray for him everyday that he will use his strong qualities for good.  That he will love Jesus fiercely, know Jesus's love for him, and that I am not screwing him up.

I am parenting alone.

Then there's Khloe who I pray will be sweet and quiet like me.  I pray she will love Jesus fiercely and know the love Jesus has for her.

On top of that I am working on my resume to start looking for a job, and thinking about buying a house.  With that comes daycare, budgeting, making decisions about what's best for the three of us.

So my life is stressful.  Our life has changed, things are different, parenting 2 children under 4 is hard. But life goes on and I have to parent these kids and get a job and take care of this house and myself the best way I know how.

My Dottie loved Frank Sinatra so here's to Dottie and 'ole Blue Eyes:

"The Best Is Yet To Come"
Out of the tree of life I just picked me a plum
You came along and everything's startin' to hum
Still, it's a real good bet, the best is yet to come





No comments: